My Photo
Name:
Location: MPLS, MN

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

ok ok, so I've agreed to bring my blog back to life.


so this evening I sat around saying I wasn't interested having a blog, or a website. or giving people any opportunities to view my work. but I guess I must have decided that that was a bogus proclamation.
it's just that in this past decade my relationship with the internet, marketing, self promotion,making money on the internet, and the concept of having a website has been pretty unfulfilling. mostly just 2 large steaming piles of apathy on both sides of the monitor.
well maybe it's time to turn my oppositional defiant disorder on myself. should I give this fad called an "having an ambitious internet presence" just one more chance?

I've decided to bring this little dried up crusted old neglected blog back from the dead. who knows? maybe this will be a good restarting point. we might even see a return of my website. when I do perhaps we can have a little gathering, a custom that we in the later days of the 20th century called "website launch parties". complete with the traditional free stickers and t-shirts no one wants.

back in 2000 I was a part of the internet scam biz and we had ugly t shirts no one wanted and that seemed important to the process.
did any of you ever see undocumented kitchen workers and homeless people in Minneapolis wearing t-shirts that said: www.platinumpersonals.com on the front. and the phrase "WHAT YOU WANT, WHAT YOU NEED" on the back?

I was a part of that.

anyways, watch out internet, I'm back to add more content you never asked for to begin with.

any tips, or offers of advice will be gladly received. but do know that as I read them I will be squinting my eyes smugly smiling and slowly shaking my head in disbelief and disapproval.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Yay, welcome back, Brett! Can't wait to see your new work as you post it. I will now add you to my Google Reader.

7:11 PM  
Blogger mandy said...

I'm looking forward to this :)

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm hm.. that's quiet interessting but actually i have a hard time visualizing it... I'm wondering what others have to say....

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home