My Photo
Name:
Location: MPLS, MN

Friday, April 30, 2010














poster for Cherry 2000 at the Trylon.
I'd never seen the movie before making this poster. I watched the trailer online and this one image grabbed my eye so I based the poster around that. I am glad I did, turn out to be the setting of a pivotal scene in the movie. This poster was fun to make, I got to pull a Will Eisner and incorporate the text into the drawing. sometimes it can be good to just use a nice looking font. I usually have in mind exactly what I want the font to look like, but I never studied typography enough to know off the top of my head what font I'm actually looking for. choosing the right font can end up being a dull chore for me.
Cherry 2000 is also a quite excellent film. Its a perfect mix of consistently bad acting, interesting settings and hilarious villains. kind of Indiana Jones crossed with the child of Blade Runner and Repo Man.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Meghan said...

I love it!

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Mary said...

Brett, your new show is the perfect excuse to update this here blog!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home